I'm a research engineer for the R&D department of Orange, in the Applied Crypto Group. I've received my doctorate degree in computer sciences from the Université de Caen Normandie (France), in 2003 and my habilitation thesis in 2009. My research interests include the design of efficient and secure cryptographic protocols, mainly related to the confidentiality of data and the user privacy in modern and future telecommunication services.
Topics of interest
Security, cryptography, privacy, data confidentiality
- Scalable Divisible E-Cash (ACNS, 2015) S. Canard, D. Pointcheval, O. Sanders, and J. Traoré.
- Divisible E-Cash Made Practical (PKC, 2015) S. Canard, D. Pointcheval, O. Sanders, and J. Traoré.
- Delegating a Pairing Can Be Both Secure and Efficient (ACNS, 2014) S. Canard, J. Devigne, and O. Sanders.
- Efficient Delegation of Zero-Knowledge Proofs of Knowledge in a Pairing-Friendly Setting (PKC, 2014) S. Canard, O. Sanders, and D. Pointcheval.
- Combined Proxy Re-Encryption (ICISC, 2013) S. Canard and J. Devigne
- Toward Generic Method for Server-Aided Cryptography (ICICS, 2013) S. Canard, I. Coisel, J. Devigne, C. Gallais, T. Peters, and O. Sanders.
- New Results for the Practical Use of Range Proofs (EuroPKI, 2013) S. Canard, I. Coisel, A. Jambert, and J. Traoré.
- Protecting Privacy by Sanitizing Personal Data: a New Approach to Anonymous Credentials (ASIA CCS, 2013) S. Canard and R. Lescuyer
- Improved (and Practical) Public-key Authentication for UHF RFID Tags (CARDIS, 2012) S. Canard, L. Ferreira, and M. Robshaw.
- Sanitizable Signatures with Several Signers and Sanitizers (Africacrypt, 2012) S. Canard, A. Jambert, and R. Lescuyer.
- On the Implementation of a Pairing-based Cryptographic Protocol in a Constrained Device (Pairing, 2012) S. Canard, N. Desmoulins, J. Devigne, and J. Traoré.
- Plaintext-Checkable Encryption (CT-RSA, 2012) S. Canard, G. Fuchsbauer, A. Gouget, and F. Laguillaumie.
- Multi-show Anonymous Credentials with Encrypted Attributes in the Standard Model (CANS, 2011) S. Canard, R. Lescuyer, and J. Traoré.
- Improving the Security of an Efficient Unidirectional Proxy Re-Encryption Scheme (ProvSec, 2011) S. Canard, J. Devigne, and F. Laguillaumie.
- Anonymous Credentials from (Indexed) Aggregate Signatures (DIM, 2011) S. Canard and R. Lescuyer
- Achieving Optimal Anonymity in Transferable E-cash with a Judge (Africacrypt, 2011) O. Blazy, S. Canard, G. Fuchsbauer, A. Gouget, H. Sibert, and J. Traoré.
- Group Signatures are Suitable for Constrained Devices (ICISC, 2010) S. Canard, I. Coisel, G. De Meulenaer, and O. Pereira.
- One Time Anonymous Certificate: X.509 Supporting Anonymity (CANS, 2010) A. Abed and S. Canard
- Untraceability and Profiling Are Not Mutually Exclusive (TrustBus, 2010) S. Canard and A. Jambert
- On Extended Sanitizable Signature Schemes (CT-RSA, 2010) S. Canard and A. Jambert
- Lighten Encryption Schemes for Secure and Private RFID Systems (WLC, 2010) S. Canard, I. Coisel, and J. Etrog.
- Multiple Denominations in E-cash with Compact Transaction Data (Financial Cryptography, 2010) S. Canard and A. Gouget
- S. Canard's HDR thesis: "La Cryptographie au Service de la Protection de la Vie Privée" (2009) S. Canard
- Fair E-cash: Be Compact, Spend Faster (ISC, 2009) S. Canard, C. Delerablée, A. Gouget, E. Hufschmitt, F. Laguillaumie, H. Sibert, J. Traoré, and D. Vergnaud.
- Group Key Management: From a Non-hierarchical to a Hierarchical Structure (INDOCRYPT, 2008) S. Canard and A. Jambert
- Identity federation and privacy: one step beyond. (DIM, 2008) S. Canard, E. Malville, and J. Traoré.
- Anonymity in Transferable E-cash (ACNS, 2008) S. Canard and A. Gouget
- Trapdoor Sanitizable Signatures and their Application to Content Protection (ACNS, 2008) S. Canard, F. Laguillaumie, and M. Milhau.
- Improvement of Efficiency in (Unconditional) Anonymous Transferable E-Cash. (Financial Cryptography, 2008) S. Canard, A. Gouget, and J. Traoré.
- Complex Zero-Knowledge Proofs of Knowledge Are Easy to Use. (ProvSec, 2007) S. Canard, I. Coisel, and J. Traoré.
- Divisible E-Cash Systems Can Be Truly Anonymous. (EUROCRYPT, 2007) S. Canard and A. Gouget
- A Handy Multi-coupon System. (ACNS, 2006) S. Canard, A. Gouget, and E. Hufschmitt.
- Low-Cost Cryptography for Privacy in RFID Systems. (CARDIS, 2006) B. Calmels, S. Canard, M. Girault, and H. Sibert.
- List signature schemes. (Discrete Applied Mathematics, 2006) S. Canard, B. Schoenmakers, M. Stam, and J. Traoré.
- Defeating Malicious Servers in a Blind Signatures Based Voting System. (Financial Cryptography, 2006) S. Canard, M. Gaud, and J. Traoré.
- Anonymous Services using Smart Cards and Cryptography. (CARDIS, 2004) S. Canard and J. Traoré
- On Fair E-cash Systems Based on Group Signature Schemes. (ACISP, 2003) S. Canard and J. Traoré
- Implementing Group Signature Schemes with Smart Cards. (CARDIS, 2002) S. Canard and M. Girault